Sr Developer (DITA XML, SDL Tridion Docs )-RemoteLocation United States Req ID #403
ABOUT THE JOB:
In this role you will help us transition to self support of the new DITA based XML environment and Eco-System in support of our Atlas initiative and future of topic-based information delivery.Specializing in Dita based content management systems and related eco-system support.
We are seeking a forward-thinking, highly motivated specialist in content management and single-source publishing with emphasis on providing overall support for DITA XML and component content management systems.The ideal candidate for this role possesses an innovative spark, a passion for technology, the highest level of integrity, strong initiative and drive, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in an agile team environment. This position partners with lead information architects through efforts to transform workers compensation manuals from Arbortext/DocBook XML to DITA XML in a new component content management system using SDL Tridion Docs.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS ROLE?
- Conducts systems analysis and design of information architecture to map and architect content for use, flow and reuse
- Collaborates and supports designing and implementing data models, including logical and physical model design using best practices in database design methodologies
- Develops ongoing DTDs and stylesheets, automation and scripting, new media consulting and publishing
- Manages taxonomy and metadata development supporting our publishing enterprise
- Collaborates on revisions to content standards and developing a content strategy to support information development
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE?
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- In lieu of degree, additional work experience and/or trade school or applicable certifications acceptable
- Seven (7)+ years experience in IT programming
- Expert in designing and supporting structured DITA XML systems, content management, specificknowledge of RWS SDL Tridion Docs (Draft & Review Space), and related APIs (note: RWSacquired SDL – product name is still Tridion Docs)
- DITA XML information architecture
- DITA Open Tool Kit, XPATH, XQuery, XSLT for publishing from DITA-based XML repository
- Designing and Adobe FrameMaker publishing platform environment and solutions built to use it
- Power Shell
- Supporting, updating, and managing the CMS ecosystem platform
- Supports users in their use of Oxygen XML Editor plugin / Integration
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE?
Plus Skills (nice to have as they are part of our technology stack)
- Software architecture fundamentals and design principles to ensure that the application of technology meets the needs of the enterprise and is aligned with corporate and strategic goals
- Automating all varieties of testing (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Relational and/or NoSQL database engines
- Windows and Linux environments
- Exposure to TDD, BDD, XP and/or Agile/Scrum
- Exposure to strong command of statically typed languages like C#, Golang, Java
Information Architecture, Content Models, Content Strategy, DITA, Oxygen, XML, Taxonomy, Metadata, Ontology, Maps, DITA Open Tool Kit, Adobe FrameMaker, SQL Server, Component Content Management Systems and/or Content Management Systems (e.g., RWS SDL Tridion Docs, Ingenuix, etc.)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Play a critical role as NCCI modernizes and transforms the way we deliver key information, by navigating nearly 100 years of workers compensation information.
- Work with a wonderful team of dynamic people who are fun, caring, and friendly
- Receive a competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- Receive a fantastic total rewards package that’s hard to find – NCCI is recognized by Gallagher as a Best-In-Class Employer in their Strategy and Benchmarking Survey
- Flexibility with your work arrangement: remote or flexible hybrid options
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
WHO TO CONTACT:
Marie Granning: Marie_Granning@ncci.com
Talent Acquisition Director
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
We require a drug screen and background check. Smoke Free environment.
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation