Over 900 professionals — each with diverse skills, passions and perspectives — combine talents to create the industry-leading team at NCCI. The future of our company and our employees grows brighter each day.
People who constantly pursue challenge, reward and personal excellence will discover a wealth of opportunities to make a difference with us.
NCCI’s core business is collecting and evaluating workers compensation insurance data, and many of the employees that we hire—including Actuaries, Analysts, Economists and Researchers—have expertise related to the insurance industry. Our team works with carriers, regulators, legislators, trade associations and others to further our mission of fostering a healthy workers compensation system. Career paths for Insurance Professionals at NCCI include:
The Actuarial & Economic Services Division (AES) is staffed by actuarial and economic experts with knowledge of the workers compensation industry. Diverse practice areas allow actuaries and economists to apply their specific experience and interests, including:
Analytics — Employs statistical analyses to visualize and evaluate workers compensation trends.
Operations and Communications — Oversees administrative functions for the division, including quality control, training, and production of actuarial information products for the industry.
Ratemaking — Produces rate/loss cost filings in most states.
Research and Development — Conducts actuarial and economic research, and leads various core groups and committees.
Reserving and Legislative Analysis — Produces quarterly Residual Market Pool loss reserves, administers the Reserving Committee, analyzes state and federal legislation and medical fee schedule changes, and estimates potential impacts on workers compensation costs.
The Data Resources Division collects and validates data from the workers compensation insurance industry—the foundation of virtually all of NCCI’s activities. This data is ultimately used in all of our core products and services. The Data Resources Division:
- Ensures high-quality data through the development of a robust set of editing and validation techniques
- Provides technical support and extensive education to our data providers
- Ensures that NCCI offers customers the most advanced data reporting tools in the industry
- Develops and implements data quality, compliance standards, and solutions to ensure the highest quality of data
- Provides data stewardship and management of all data collected for use in our core products
- Actively participates with industry associations that set data reporting standards and requirements
- Prepares all industry communication and documentation related to data reporting standards and requirements
NCCI’s Regulatory Division is composed of three departments, which are integral to our success:
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with insurance regulators, legislators, insurance trade associations, and employer and agent groups at the state and federal level
- Ensures rate adequacy by proposing and securing approval of various rate, rule, and form filings
- Obtains approval from regulators for proprietary NCCI programs
- Provides support and expertise to insurance regulators and system stakeholders
- Analyzes workers compensation insurance system cost drivers, proposed legislation, and reform initiatives
- Extends technical expertise to the industry with NCCI research
- Focuses on sustaining self-funded workers compensation residual markets and efficiently manages workers compensation reinsurance pools and plans
- Administers state workers compensation residual markets
- Audits, consults, and provides operational, financial, and management services to assigned carriers, reinsurance pools, and other customers
- Oversees NCCI’s underwriting manuals and classification system, including researching, developing and supporting changes to the system
- Administers the Classification Quality Assurance Program
- Manages individual risk inspection services, state appeals boards, and the dispute resolution process
- Provides expert technical support on classifications, rules, rating plans, and residual market issues
- Develops national and state item filing proposals
A business as complex as NCCI requires the support of professionals with a wide range of skills and expertise—from a team dedicated to providing superior customer support, to IT professionals that power our company with the latest technology. Career paths for General Professionals at NCCI include:
NCCI’s Customer Operations team provides support and analysis that helps educate customers and assess their specific needs. This division is an excellent jumping off point for entry-level professionals with an interest in our business as well as seasoned professionals. Departments within this division include:
- Affiliate Services — Manages relationships with affiliate customers by providing product and service recommendations, including training and information on our online services and tools.
- Assigned Risk — Processes an average of 110,000 workers compensation insurance applications each year to determine eligibility, while also managing requests from producers, employers, carriers, and regulators.
- Customer Service — Handles more than 500,000 inbound calls, 200,000 outbound calls, and 75,000 pieces of correspondence every year in support of more than 900 insurance companies, agents, brokers, and reinsurers.
- Experience Rating — Produces worksheets that help more than 680,000 companies obtain fairly priced workers compensation insurance policies, and responds to escalated customer service issues as needed.
- Product Management — Pursues revenue goals by creating industry-specific tools and services that allow our customers to manage their businesses more effectively.
Every successful company has solid financials behind it, and NCCI is no exception. Our Finance group ensures the fiscal integrity of the organization, with an emphasis on resource allocation, financial reporting, and compliance.
Composed of Corporate Accounting, Purchasing, Billing, Payroll, Financial Planning, Residual Market Accounting, Treasury Operations, Risk Management, and Internal Audit Departments, our Finance team collaborates daily to:
- Make smart investment decisions
- Create sound strategic financial plans
- Deliver timely and accurate financial reporting data
- Conduct internal audits and special reviews
- Manages the company’s headquarter facilities
Strategies & Communications Group
The Strategy & Communications group is responsible for strategic planning and all internal and external communication, branding, media relations, creative services and event planning for NCCI. The group engages with internal and external audiences using a variety of communication channels, including the web, print, traditional media, and social media. In collaboration with all NCCI Divisions and leveraging NCCI’s deep expertise in workers compensation, the Strategy & Communication group publishes NCCI’s manuals and publications, as well as promotes NCCI’s research, analytical services and information tools to help foster a healthy workers compensation system.
Our Human Resources Division provides tools and resources designed to attract, develop and retain exceptional talent, and to foster an environment that promotes employee engagement. Our success requires the collaboration of people who have diverse backgrounds and expertise, including experience in:
- Employee Relations
- HR Information Systems
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Development
- Total Rewards—Compensation & Benefits
As a data-driven organization, information technology is vital to our mission-critical work. NCCI employs an expert base of developers, infrastructure system administrators, security professionals and other uniquely qualified talent, to fulfill its mission to the workers compensation industry.
NCCI is committed to investing in current technologies, providing a unique opportunity for IT staff to maintain relevant skill sets for career development and providing the company with innovative systems. Our success requires the collaboration of people who have diverse technology backgrounds and expertise, including:
- Application Development
- Help Desk
- Infrastructure Services
- Program Management Office
- Quality & Operational Excellence
- Quality Assurance
The Legal Services Division represents the interests of NCCI by providing oversight of all legal matters. Our in-house counsel deliver a broad range of services and provides effective legal guidance consistent with all laws and regulation. The Legal division also:
- Ensures corporate compliance by engaging in “best practices” to proactively protect the company and its members.
- Leverages expertise in areas such as intellectual property, residual markets, regulatory, employment law and other general corporate matters.
It’s important for you to know how our hiring process works and what to expect as an applicant for employment.
- Submit Your Resume Online for a Specific Position Once submitted, your resume is automatically entered into NCCI’s database.
- An NCCI Talent Acquisition Specialist Reviews Your Resume Your resume is reviewed to identify if it is one of the best matches for the position’s requirements. The selected resumes are sent to the hiring manager for further consideration.
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist Schedules the Interview If you are one of the most suitable candidates for the position, you will be scheduled for an interview with hiring representatives from within the position’s division and with Human Resources. These interviews are most often conducted face to face. However, some interviews may be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist Contacts the Selected Candidate The selected candidate is contacted and offered the job. A written offer letter will include information such as start date, salary, and benefits.
- Help Desk Analyst - Remote Boca Raton, Florida, Remote
- Affiliate Services Executive - Home-based in the greater Chicago area Chicago, Illinois
- Client Service Analyst - Local Hybrid Boca Raton, Florida
- Practice Leader & Sr Actuary -Communications and Operations , Remote
- Facilities Maintenance Tech Boca Raton, Florida
- Associate Actuary - Workers Compensation - Remote , Remote