QA Test Automation Engineer-Local hybridApply Now
ABOUT THE JOB:
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
Develops automated test scripts, performs tests and evaluates/validates test results including functional e2e testing, regression testing, systems testing, customer acceptance testing and stress/performance testing for moderately complex applications/systems.Coordinates Customer testing.Manages defects and issues identified during testing through resolution.
Develops test strategies/plans and test scenarios/cases based on documentation and standards for moderately complex applications/systems.Facilitates development of test approach with project team.
Participates in reviews/stand-ups of Product Backlog/Sprints/Business Requirements, and application/system design documents for moderately complex applications/systems.Gains understanding of business functions/applications/activities pertinent to the project/change request.
Establishes the technical configuration for testing, including all environmental components, data, automated test scripts and security.Coordinates migrations into the QA environment.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
A Bachelor’s degree in computer information or related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or application development, automated application/software testing or software/test engineering; in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, additional work experience and/or trade school or applicable certifications required.
Working knowledge of an Information Technology environment, including using and testing applications/systems, employing software development and testing methodologies (SCRUM), change management, project management and information security practices.
Strong Interpersonal Skills: Verbal, written, teaming and collaborating with business and IT partners.
Solid analytical and detail-oriented skills for the development of test strategies/plans, automated test scripts and test cases.
Experience with the following technologies and tools:
• Testing tools/frameworks: Protractor, Cypress IO
• Databases: MariaDB, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server; logical database design (relational), relational database retrieval tools
• Pipeline automation/Source Code Repositories: Git, Gitlab, Jenkins
• Software architectures: .NET, Angular, React, Go
• Virtualization: Docker containers and Kubernetes
• Markup languages: CSS, HTML and XML
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
• Application development background.
• Expertise in more than one testing tool (newer tools preferred e.g. Cypress)
• Having the QA mindset (inquisitive nature).
• Constant desire to learn.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
• A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
• A phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
• A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
• A fantastic benefits package that's hard to find in South Florida
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
We require a drug screen and background check. Smoke Free environment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation