Assistant Actuarial AnalystApply Now
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Workers Compensation insurance is interesting, challenging and rewarding. What we do is positively impacting people and businesses across the nation. Start your actuarial career in a position where you will learn about the workers compensation industry and our role in it.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS POSITION:
Produce standard actuarial analyses for NCCI’s actuarial products and services, such as rate filings, legislative cost analyses, reserving, and research.
Complete assigned standard actuarial analysis tasks for rate filings, legislative cost analyses, reserving, data validation, products, and/or research. This includes utilizing actuarial systems and programming skills to access and organize the data, performing the applicable actuarial calculations, analyzing moderate to complex information, evaluating results and the accuracy of inputs, updating exhibits and slides, and completing documentation.
Develop an understanding of the technical, actuarial, insurance, economic, and statistical concepts behind the tasks performed. Develop proficiency in using actuarial systems and NCCI databases. Sit for and pass actuarial exams.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE TABLE:
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of one CAS-accredited actuarial exam
• Strong mathematics and statistical skills
• Inquisitiveness; desire to learn
• Ability to deliver quality work and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
• Mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics with a mathematical or statistical background, or equivalent degree demonstrating skills needed to pass actuarial exams
• Statistical modeling experience; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; programming expertise (such as SQL, SAS, VBA, Python, and R); experience analyzing data
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
• A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
• A phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
• A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
• A fantastic benefits package that’s hard to find in South Florida
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO/Smoke Free environment
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation