ActuaryLocation United States Req ID #455
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Join the leader in workers compensation data and information services in the role of Actuary where you will lead significant and complex actuarial projects involving advanced actuarial knowledge and practice to support or enhance NCCI’s actuarial products and services. You will communicate results to internal and/or external customers and provide professional expertise and mentoring.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS POSITION:
Lead significant and complex actuarial projects involving advanced actuarial knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity. This work includes:
- Developing and managing project plans, determining appropriate methodologies and approach, advanced actuarial analyses, coordinating the work of others
- Interacting with other divisions, presenting and defending findings to internal and external audiences, preparing presentations and publications, and completing documentation.
Share professional expertise, provide technical advice to other project leads, mentor actuarial students, and provide expert quality review of the work of others. Represent NCCI to external audiences and stakeholders. Provide constructive and actionable feedback regarding the performance of project team members to the individuals and their managers.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of eight (8) years of actuarial experience, including project leadership, and the FCAS designation.
- An ACAS with a level of expertise comparable to an FCAS-certified professional and long-term actuarial experience (i.e., 15+ years) may be considered for this position.
- In writing and verbally -clearly and concisely, able to explain complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner; able to present and communicate complex actuarial concepts and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences; able to represent NCCI to external audiences
- Includes our internal and external customers; following through on your words and actions, being accountable, ethical, acting with urgency, delivering high quality and high volume of work.
- Thinking strategically, creatively, and innovatively; diving deep into details but also stepping back and seeing the big picture
- Providing development, inspiring and motivating others; encouraging others to offer their diverse perspectives, and creating space for others to speak up, especially in a remote reporting environment; sharing expertise, mentoring and peer reviewing others’ technical work
- Managing Projects:
- Holding oneself and others accountable; leading highly complex and impactful actuarial projects; keeping projects moving forward; working collaboratively across teams and departments; managing priorities and knowing when to adapt to changing priorities
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in actuarial principles in multiple functional areas as well as NCCI’s actuarial methodologies and data sources; advanced data analysis skills
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
- Experience in workers compensation in an actuarial role with a carrier
- Advanced degree in mathematics, computer science and/or data science
- Statistical modeling experience; experience building and validating actuarial models; advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, programming expertise (e.g., R, SQL, VBA and/or Python)
- CAS Committee work, author of actuarial publications
- Expertise in NCCI’s individual risk rating methodologies and/or other NCCI actuarial products
- Certified Specialist in Predictive Analytics (CSPA) designation
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Work for the leader in workers compensation information providing data, insights, and tools for almost 1,000 insurance companies
- A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- For local candidates: a phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant, game room and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues.
- A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly.
- A positive work environment and culture, which celebrates success and honor’s each other’s contributions to the team.
- Flexibility with your work arrangement: remote or flexible hybrid options
- A fantastic benefits package that’s hard to find in South Florida
WHO TO CONTACT:
Marie Granning – Talent Acquisition Director
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
We require a drug screen and background check. Smoke Free environment.
- Manager - Filings and Research (Remote) Boca Raton, Florida, Remote
- Actuarial Analyst , Remote
- Sr Project Mgr-Program Management Office, local candidates Boca Raton, Florida
- Actuarial Consultant , Remote
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation