Test Auditor - based in Oregon or willing to relocateApply Now
Special Note: This position is based in the state of Oregon or be willing to relocate. Travel is required including overnight stays between 30% - 50%. Finalist(s) must pass a Motor Vehicle Records review.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Conducts field audit services to include interviewing key contacts with insured businesses and performing physical audits of the insured's accounting records to determine accuracy of insurer's classification of risk and calculated workers' compensation premium, and to analyze insurer premium audit results, all as regards information submitted to NCCI, Inc.This in an effort to provide "feedback" to insurers for the training of insurer personnel, to increase the accuracy of the insurer classifications and premium calculations, to increase the accuracy of statistical data reported to NCCI, Inc., and to fulfill regulatory requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
Reviews and prioritizes audit assignments and schedules physical audits and/or inspections with the insured. Issues appointment letters and updates all relevant information as it relates to preparation of the audit/inspections. Conducts pre-audit interviews to determine scope of the physical audits and reviews and analyzes the financial records provided by the carrier.Conducts physical audits and/or inspections of insured business and insurer’s premium calculations. Travels to the various locations of the insured.
Prepares and reviews formal written audit reports of the insured’s premium calculations, operations and test audits.Provides NCCI with the audit report details of the insured’s premium and operations and compares the results with the carriers audit for any discrepancies or errors.Coordinates with the insured any additional external business partners that they recommend as necessary to facilitate the audit.
Reviews and researches manual, databases on premiums, classification and underwriting information.Provides feedback to NCCI relative to classification improvements and needs.Complete weekly production and expense reports.Responsible for other duties as assigned to include special projects.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE ROLE:
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of four (4) years or more of workers compensation experience to include premium audit, classification inspections, audit review or underwriting.
- In lieu of a degree, demonstrated in depth knowledge of the Classification Code system typically acquired through eight years of experience in worker’s compensation, preferably in the areas of premium audit conducting field audits, classification inspections, audit review or underwriting; or a combination of equivalent targeted experience and education.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of proper audit techniques and standards of audit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of worker’s compensation infrastructure to include Basic Manual, Scopes Manual, and Classification system.
- Strong analytical, and interpretive skills are needed in order to appropriately determine and assign classification codes based on a physical inspection and understanding of insured operations.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft based PC environments, tools and scheduling applications and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to provide expert testimony at administrative and judicial hearings.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
Professional insurance designation is preferred in Associate in Underwriting (AU); Associate in Premium Audit (APA); or CPCU.
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
We require a drug screen and background check. EEO/Smoke Free environment
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation