Business Systems & Process Analyst -Data QualityApply Now
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS JOB:
This operations professional is responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing solutions to data quality issues impacting data used for NCCI's core products, research, and legislative analyses. This includes highly technical research and development work associated with new monitoring systems, validation tests, edits, and compliance programs.Also includes expert technical support and advice to business partners and data users on data quality considerations.
- Performs in-depth analysis of workers compensation insurance data to identify quality concerns, usage concerns, gaps in validation tests, edits, or operational procedures.
Develops and implements new data quality processes and enhanced data quality tests.
- Acts as Business Lead on technical processes including:Investment, Discretionary, and Baseline system activities - includes establishing workflow, project vision and scope, project approach, preparing project packages for approval, writing requirements, reviewing design, performing testing, and coordinating with other NCCI projects.
- Provides support to business partners on data quality, data quality systems, and data usage issues, including assistance in prioritization.
- Participates in decisions on data reporting rules or system changes that impact data quality or data usage.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
Bachelor’s Degree and six (6) years in a data management role where primary work performed is data analysis, data comparison and data mining in a financial, and/or insurance related enterprise; including governance for technical data systems documentation with frequent, complex, and varied change.
Four (4) years in a business environment applying standard systems development methodologies, defined testing strategies, and change control practices including using research query tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Access, including work with relational database and systems tables.
In lieu of a degree, ten (10) years relevant work experience as indicated above is required.
- Experience evaluating data quality issues and their materiality on uses such as ratemaking, experience rating, actuarial research.
- Experience developing sophisticated tests, systems, and/or procedures to ensure data quality.
- Experience programming to support data quality research and development work.
- Experience developing data standards, data layouts, database uses, data viewing tools, and data reports in products and work processes; understands impacts of change across data management areas.
- Able to envision and document new systems functionality and processes/ procedures considering customer service impacts; delivering associated team training.
- Experience developing plans to meet broad customer communication needs, developing communication content, and leading review; providing input on external customer communications and manuals.
- Experience developing and maintaining strong industry relationships including with customers, data collection organizations, and industry groups as required by particular role.
- Expert user of MS Excel, Access or similar spreadsheet/data applications.
- Experienced using data extract and systems testing tools; can recommend tools for particular uses to meet team needs.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
Any certification or professional designation from:The Insurance Institute of America, American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters, Insurance Data Management Association.Actuarial exams also a plus.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- A phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
- A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
- A fantastic benefits package that is hard to find in South Florida
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We are motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation