Workers Compensation InspectorApply Now
Our Workers Compensation Field Inspector position will be home-based in the West US area. The role requires use of a personal car and 30%-50% travel, which may include some overnight stays. The territory includes Utah and the neighboring states.Finalist must pass a Motor Vehicle Record check satisfactory to NCCI
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
Conducts field inspection services to ensure that the workers’ compensation classification system has been applied correctly at the discrete employer level to arrive at the most appropriate premium for a policy and consistency in application for the system.
Provides comprehensive technical expertise in the classification system and participates and testifies as a fact witness in support of the Classification System at administrative, non-judicial, or judicial proceedings.
Reviews, selects, and prioritizes inspection assignments and schedules inspection appointments.
Performs physical and virtual inspections by conducting background research on the insured and operations, including reviewing policy details, current classifications, Basic and Scopes Manuals, and any other preparation necessary, such as a list of exception questions, to conduct the physical inspection.
Coordinates with any additional external parties as necessary. Develops questionnaire for the physical inspection. Updates all information and metadata in the inspection system.
Performs physical inspections of insured operations for the Classification Quality Assurance program or customer requests and then complete the classification inspection report. Travels to the various locations of the insured.
Analyzes and identifies issues as it relates to the classification codes based on observations and inspection reports. Reviews and responds to inspection correspondence. Reviews and resolves classification inspection disputes.
Serves as the regional expert or resource in classification issues and general industry trends.
Assists NCCI staff and regulators with classification issues and provides assistance and testimony in classification code appeals and in support of classification code analysis.
Reviews and researches manuals and databases on classification system. Responsible for other duties as assigned to include special projects.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 or more years insurance experience in premium audit conducting field audits, classification inspections, audit review, underwriting and/or other relevant field role with 2 or more years in workers compensation experience.
- In lieu of a degree, High School Diploma/GED and 6 or more years insurance experience in premium audit conducting field audits, classification inspections, audit review, underwriting and/or other relevant field role including 4 or more years workers compensation experience is required.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of proper audit techniques and standards of audits/inspections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Workers’ Compensation infrastructure to include Basic Manual, Scopes Manual, and Classification system.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills are needed in order to appropriately determine and assign classification codes based on inspection and understanding of insured’s operations.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft based PC environments, tools, and scheduling applications and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to provide expert testimony at administrative and judicial hearings.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
- Professional insurance designation is preferred in Associate in Underwriting (AU); Associate in Premium Audit (APA); or CPCU.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- A phenomenal work environment, with many perks and employee activities
- A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
- A fantastic benefits package that is hard to find
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYNCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation