Insurance Inspector - Workers CompensationLocation Arizona, United States; Colorado, United States; Idaho, United States; Nevada, United States; New Mexico, United States; Utah, United States Req ID #349
At NCCI, we’re the source you trust for workers compensation information. Our mission is to foster a healthy workers compensation system through the use of data, industry trends, and providing objective rate and loss cost recommendations. To help us reach our mission, we’re looking for an Insurance Inspector to join our inspections team in the Western U.S.
In this role, you’ll conduct both field and virtual inspection services to ensure the workers’ compensation classification system has been applied correctly at the discrete employer level, resulting in the most appropriate premium for a policy and consistency in application for the system. You’ll have a key role in providing comprehensive technical expertise in the classification system.
This position will be a home-based role covering the Western U.S. territory, including Utah and the neighboring states. Use of a personal car will be required and may travel between 30%-50% of the time, including some overnight stays. Selected candidate for this position must pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check satisfactory to NCCI.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As an Inspector, you’ll review, select, prioritize inspection assignments, and schedule inspection appointments. In addition, you’ll:
- Perform physical and virtual inspections of various business operations, including traveling to the employer as necessary, and complete the classification inspection report
- Conduct background research on the employer and operations
- Review policy details, current classifications, Basic and Scopes Manuals, and other necessary preparations to conduct inspections
- Maintain all information and data in the inspection system
- Analyze and identify classification code issues
- Review, respond to, and resolve inspection correspondence and classification inspection disputes
- Serve as the regional expert or resource in classification issues and general industry trends
- Assist NCCI staff and regulators with classification issues, providing assistance and testimony in classification code appeals and in support of classification code analysis
- Review and research manuals and databases on classification system
WHAT IT TAKES:
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- 3+ years of related workers compensation insurance experience
- Experience conducting field premium audits, classification inspections, audit reviews, underwriting, or other relevant field tasks
- Knowledge of workers compensation infrastructure, Basic Manual, Scopes Manual, and Classification system
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Time management and project management skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to provide fact-witness testimony at administrative, non-judicial or judicial hearings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, tools, scheduling applications, and spreadsheets
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
- Professional insurance designation, such as the Associate in Underwriting (AU); Associate in Premium Audit (APA); or CPCU.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- Wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring, and friendly
- Fantastic benefits package
- Phenomenal work environment with many perks and employee activities
WHO TO CONTACT:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
We require a drug screen and background check. Smoke-free environment.
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation