Web ProgrammerApply Now
Participates in analysis and design of computer application systems, and provides coding, testing, documentation and implementation support for application development software initiatives driven by business needs. Performs specific well-defined assignments as part of a project team or works independently on small enhancements and production support assignments. Completes all assignments through close interaction and management oversight.
• Works under supervision to design program specifications, compile and write documentation, code and test small enhancements and production support fixes, and implement system components in accordance with standards and procedures.
• Responsible for unit testing components and supporting DEV and QA testing.
• Participates in providing implementation plans and supports migrations through the various environments.
• Prepares and maintains technical system documentation for system support and other needs.
• Participates in analyzing business needs and detailed design of system components, including input, process, and output requirements, and data and system flows through close interaction with supervision.
• Identifies root cause of problems, provides options for resolution and documents outcome of analysis.
• Performs system maintenance services as required by business demands.
• Troubleshoots minor production problems.
• Interacts in technical design meetings with a more senior technical person to understand business and design requirements of proposed assignments.
• Provides support in a matrix-management fashion to other areas as needed.
• May interact directly with the business community to clarify requirements and resolve system issues.
• Provides input into the development estimates for planning purposes
• Provides project status and accurate time reporting
• Shares knowledge with other technical peers
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
• High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 1 year IT programming related experience or coursework.
• Novice understanding of IT Technical Architecture, and working knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of small to large-scale, multi-processing computer systems.
• Basic working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) that interact with web applications.
• Communication Skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and to interact with both Business and IT partners to interact directly with the business community to clarify requirements and resolve system issues.
• Customer Service Skills - ability to identify customer requirements and needs, and respond to customer expectations.
• Analytical Skills - ability to gather and analyze information, and draw logical conclusions while identifying the root cause of problems and providing options for resolution.
• Programming Skills – basic working and practical knowledge of programming principles, techniques, standards and analytical ability to develop computer programs and systems.
• Ability to multi-task, juggle multiple assignments, and function in a flexible matrix-management environment.
• Working knowledge of industry-standard desktop software (e.g., Windows, Office, eMail, SharePoint, etc).
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or technical trade school.
• Basic working knowledge and some experience with multiple platforms (i.e., UNIX/LINUX, Windows/Intel); multiple database technologies, (i.e., Oracle, SQL Server); multiple programming languages, (i.e., VB.Net, ASP, PL/SQL, Java); and multiple batch operating environments (i.e., Unix/Shell Scripting, Windows).
• Project Management Skills – working knowledge and understanding of project life cycle methodologies, estimating, and IT best practices.
At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO/Smoke Free environment
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation