Practice Leader & Sr Actuary -Communications and OperationsLocation United States; Remote Req ID #416
NCCI practice leaders oversee a broad suite of core actuarial products and services, such as ratemaking, legislative cost analyses, reserving, research, products, industry analysis and analytics.Through leadership and influence, he/she creates a vision for the future of AES such as transformation of skills, culture, engagement, development opportunities, etc.
This practice leader role is a unique blend of responsibilities in the Actuarial & Economic Services division of NCCI.Primary internal responsibility is to optimize the overall AES operation through enhancements to all aspects of our work experience – recruiting, onboarding, training, developing and coaching staff.This role will also be tasked to create effective operational routines for prioritizing work across the division and optimizing the utilization of AES talent.
Externally, this role represents the organization as a key coordination point for all actuarial and economic communications to our stakeholders – including actuarial products, industry results, and industry thought leadership.Coordination is essential to ensure that delivery is well sequenced with consistent messaging to stakeholders.He/she serves as a key spokesperson, presenting to senior management, external customers, and workers compensation industry stakeholders.
The current focus areas that align to this practice leader include Actuarial Communications, Economic Research/Communications & Practice Management.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Build an internal operational model that effectively supports a highly talented staff – building skills, developing through training and experiences, and promoting success.Optimize the use of the talent across the division to drive the greatest value to our employees and to our stakeholders through prioritization and work management practices.
- Lead the vision and strategy for the AES content delivered at NCCI’s Annual Insights Symposium with the goals of continuously improving the State of the Line content, increasing stakeholder value, and developing presenters.
- Produce cutting edge industry analytics to inform the WC industry – results, trends, emerging issues, etc.Demonstrates intellectual curiosity to dig into the results and find valuable insights for our stakeholders.Connect economic concepts and analysis into actuarial work products.
- Produces online actuarial products for our stakeholders including the Annual Stat Bulletin, Frequency and Severity tools, Underwriting Results, etc.https://www.ncci.com/Articles/Pages/II_Ratemaking-Actuarial-Resources.aspx
- Produces a quarterly pulse on the economic drivers and the impacts/influences on Workers compensation market. https://www.ncci.com/articles/pages/insightseconomic.aspx
- Partners with Marketing/Communications at NCCI to ensure the most effective delivery of our insights to customers and stakeholders in various forums (e.g., ncci.com, industry forums, affiliate meetings, etc. )
- Foster relationships, partnerships and collaboration with Independent Bureaus
- Seeks & responds to feedback from customers on their concerns, ideas for future NCCI research, and potential product enhancements.
- Actively participates and influences the information we share at NCCI committee meetings on research, results, insights and methodologies.Seeks feedback and suggestions for continuous improvement.Negotiates topics for future discussion.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, FCAS designation and 10 years of experience; with five (5) years of management or leadership experience.
In lieu of an FCAS, an ACAS designation with a level of experience comparable to a FCAS-certified professional and long-term actuarial experience (i.e. 20+ years may be considered for this role).
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
- Extensive knowledge of workers compensation, actuarial principles, and NCCI's actuarial methodologies and data sources
- Credibility within the Workers Compensation industry
- Understands the dynamics of rating bureaus, insurance carriers and state regulations; including industry board experience.
- Prior engagement with NCCI’s Actuarial Committee and an eagerness to facilitate sharing our insights with various audiences.
- Strategic thinking, including the ability to translate the company’s vision into technical strategies.
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Insurance company experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate complex actuarial solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Engaging & confident presentation style; experience speaking to large audiences preferred – both in person & virtual
- Passionate storyteller with data and creating presentations with a clear and concise message.
- Ability to represent the company in external audiences
- Strong communication skills to gain support from stakeholders.
- Proven leadership, management, and people skills to directly manage and lead a team of 15-25 employees and indirectly influence the 100+ employees in the division
- Experience attracting and retaining top talent
- Passionate about recruiting, hiring and developing a diverse workforce
- Experience assessing skills & developing effective training programs
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Work for the leader in workers compensation information providing data, insights, and tools for almost 1,000 insurance companies
- Play a critical role as NCCI modernizes and transforms the way we deliver key information, by navigating nearly 100 years of workers compensation information.
- Build meaningful connections in the workers compensation industry
- Collaborate internally across NCCI divisions
- A positive work environment and work culture, which celebrates success and honor’s each other’s contributions to the team.
- Work with a wonderful team of dynamic people who are fun, caring, and friendly
- Receive a competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- Receive a fantastic total rewards package that’s hard to find – NCCI is a recipient of the Gallagher Award for Best-in-Class Employers
- Flexibility with your work arrangement: remote or flexible hybrid options
Marie Granning, Talent Acquisition Director
Since 1923, NCCI- National Council on Compensation Insurance has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader.
At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
- Help Desk Analyst - Remote Boca Raton, Florida, Remote
- Affiliate Services Executive - Home-based in the greater Chicago area Chicago, Illinois
- Client Service Analyst - Local Hybrid Boca Raton, Florida
- Practice Leader & Sr Actuary -Communications and Operations , Remote
- Facilities Maintenance Tech Boca Raton, Florida
- Associate Actuary - Workers Compensation - Remote , Remote
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation