Network Administrator- CCNA required, local candidates or willing to relocate to Boca Raton, FL areaApply Now
ABOUT THE JOB:
This role is responsible for all aspects of the corporate network infrastructure including the administration, monitoring, installation and testing of network hardware, software and applications.This individual participates in the research, analysis and recommendations of network technologies for implementation in the corporate network. This individual also participates in the strategic planning of the network architecture.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Monitors and maintains the network infrastructure, network management systems and network security platforms.Manages vendors as appropriate to ensure no disruption of service to the enterprise.Provide 24x7 support for the network and related systems.
- Installs, configures and tests network devices, servers, telecommunications services and relevant applications.
- Participate in the evaluation of solutions for the network architecture.Research new technologies that may increase corporate productivity or provide better service.
- Troubleshoots, resolves and documents network and IT infrastructure technical and performance issues.
- Serves as project manager for small to medium size projects.
- Provides technical training for team members, other technical teams, and internal and external customers.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THIS ROLE:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree and five (5) years ofprogressive experience in a network administration role in a corporate environment.
- The attainment of the CCNA certification - active status
- In lieu of degree, additional work experience and/or trade school or applicable certifications required
- Intermediate knowledge of network, telecommunications and server technologies.
- Knowledge of network and telecommunications technologies including Cisco enterprise class routers and switches, LAN/WAN protocols, Internet connectivity with multiple ISP's, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, ethernet , VLANs, network security platforms including firewalls and IPS, VPN, Remote Access solutions, Network Management Systems, wireless LAN, VoIP, Unified Communications, DNS, DHCP, Disaster Recovery, VMware and data center technologies.Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and Microsoft Office applications including Visio.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts.
- Intermediate troubleshooting and analytical skills.Ability to serve as theproject manager of small projects involving the network hardware, software, and applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with little direction.Ability to develop test plans for the installation and testing of network hardware and software platforms.
- Ability to work in a 24x7 Network Support environment as required.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
Any of the following certifications:
- Cisco CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- CompTIA Linux+, Network+, Security+
- Microsoft MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
• A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
• A phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
• A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
• A fantastic benefits package that’s hard to find in South Florida
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO/Smoke Free environment
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation