Database Administrator- Maria, Mongo-RemoteApply Now
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Responsible for implementing and maintaining NCCI enterprise databases, working closely with Application Development teams to provide solutions to satisfy complex business needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
Responsible for all database related activities including software installation, configuration, securing, database creation, monitoring of system health and performance of databases for reliability, performance, and accessibility. Write proactive scripts, stored procedures, and jobs to ensure that the databases are running efficiently. Perform yearly patching of software to stay current and to close down vulnerabilities.
Advises, educates, and works with application developers tuning SQL queries, and reviewing database configurations in support of performance problems and troubleshooting.
Advises, educates, and works with application developers to implement physical database designs and migrate database changes supporting project related efforts through various environments and into production.
Writes scripts and jobs supporting database backup/recovery procedures, maintenance, and integrity. Create and test backup and recovery plans to ensure that NCCI databases are recoverable from disaster situations. Ability to operate under pressure recovering databases when necessary.
Provides, documents, and maintains database standards, policies and procedures for effective operation, access, and control of DBMS environments.
Work with application development team to re-platform a collection of Oracle application databases to MariaDB.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
Bachelor’s Degree and 6 or more years of Database Administration experience that includes multiple DBMS. In lieu of degree, additional work experience and/or trade school or applicable certifications required.
- Open-Source database experience in MariaDB Enterprise Edition and/or MongoDB
- Experience in Oracle.
- Strong Linux skills, including troubleshooting and programming (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of configuration, installation, patching, and upgrades of database software
- Strong knowledge of database performance tuning, backup, and recovery
- Ability to develop policies and procedures as they relate to database management
- Familiarity with CIS benchmarks for databases and implementation of best security practices.
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment techniques
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a 24 x 7 Database support environment as required.
- Must be results-driven, able to multi-task, and have the ability to execute efficiently on a variety of projects concurrently.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
MariaDB MaxScale, Galera cluster, and ColumnStore products
Severalnines ClusterControl, PowerBI, PowerShell
MongoDB database knowledge, replica set configurations, PMM, Oracle
Qlik (formerly Attunity) Replication software familiarity
VMware, vRA, Linux containers and virtualization (Docker), Kubernetes, Git
AWA scheduling application
Oracle Enterprise Manager, DBArtisan, DataDomain, RMAN, DBForge, HeidiSQL
Knowledge of High Availability options for supported database software
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
• A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
• A phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
• A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
• A fantastic benefit package that’s hard to find in South Florida
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
We require a drug screen and background check. Smoke Free environment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation