Associate Actuary - Workers Compensation - RemoteLocation United States Req ID #427
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Join the leader in workers compensation data and information services in the role of Associate Actuary where you will lead complex actuarial projects to produce or enhance NCCI’s actuarial products and services, such as rate filings, legislative cost analyses, reserving, and research. You will communicate results to internal and/or external customers and share your expertise with junior staff.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS POSITION:
Act as project leader for the production of rate filings, legislative cost analyses, reserving, data validation, products, and/or research. This includes coordinating the work of project team members, utilizing actuarial systems and programming skills to access and organize the data, performing the applicable actuarial calculations, evaluating and adjusting methodologies as indicated, analyzing complex information, assessing the reasonability of results and drawing conclusions, presenting and defending the results to internal and external audiences, and completing documentation.
Lead complex special projects. This includes developing and managing project plans, determining appropriate methodologies or approach, advanced actuarial analyses, coordinating the work of others, interaction with other divisions, and presentations.
Provide independent quality review of the work of others and ensure adherence to AES Quality
Standards and documentation standards for focus area or project team.
Develop subject matter expertise and analytical/technical skills of team members.
Provide constructive and actionable feedback regarding the performance of project team members to the individuals and their managers.
Work towards attainment of FCAS designation.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of five (5) years of actuarial experience, including project leadership, and the ACAS designation
- Extensive knowledge of actuarial principles in multiple functional areas
- Familiarity with NCCI methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial data sources and analytical tools
- Creative and innovative thinking; advanced analytical skills
- Strong project management skills, ability to lead complex actuarial projects and project teams
- Ability to peer review the technical work of others and identify areas for improvement that may lead to better approaches
- Good people skills that include understanding the perspectives and needs of others, building mutual respect, and garnering support; customer focused
- Thinks strategically
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to present technical material to technical and non-technical audiences; ability to represent the company in external audiences
- Expertise in identifying and solving problems
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
Workers compensation experience in an actuarial role
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
• A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
• A phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues at our corporate headquarters in Boca Raton, FL
• A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
• A fantastic benefits package that’s hard to find in South Florida
WHO TO CONTACT:
Marie Granning – Talent Acquisition Director
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation