Workers Compensation Test AuditorLocation Idaho, United States; Nevada, United States; Oregon, United States; Utah, United States Req ID #490
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation's trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. Learn about how you can contribute to our company's success in the following position:
Special Note: The position is home-based, preferably in Oregon or Idaho, although other NCCI western states are workable. The majority of work is conducted virtually with some field work requiring up to 30% travel which may require some overnight stays. The selected candidate for this position must pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check satisfactory to NCCI.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
In this role you’ll conduct test audit and inspection services to include interviewing key contacts with insured businesses and performing audits of the insured's accounting records to determine accuracy of insurer's classification of risk and calculated workers' compensation premium, and to analyze carrier premium audit results, utilizing information submitted to NCCI by insureds and carriers. The territory is part of Oregon and part of Idaho.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
As a Test Auditor you will conduct both virtual and physical test audits and inspections. In addition, you’ll:
- Review and prioritize audit assignments, schedule, and confirm audits and/or inspections with the insured.
- Conduct pre-audit research to determine scope of the test audit including review and analysis of information and records provided by the carrier. Review policy details, current classifications, Basic and Scopes Manuals, and other necessary preparations.
- Perform test audits on insured business records and insurer’s premium calculations and perform inspections on insured business operations. Coordinate with the insured on any additional external business partners that they recommend as necessary to facilitate the audit.
- Occasionally travel to the various locations of the insured.
- Complete formal written test audit reports using an Excel format that provide details of the insured’s premium and operations and compare the results with the carrier’s premium audit for any discrepancies or errors.
- Complete formal written inspection reports.
- Review and research manuals, databases, statutes, and other classification and underwriting information.
- Respond to questions or disputes regarding the test audit or inspection result.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned to include special projects.
WHAT IT TAKES:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, insurance or related field and a minimum of three (3) years or more of workers compensation experience to include premium audit, audit review and/or other relevant audit experience.
- In lieu of a degree, six (6) years of insurance experience in premium audit, audit review, and/or other relevant audit experience including four (4) years of workers compensation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper audit techniques, standards, and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of worker's compensation insurance to include Basic Manual, Scopes Manual, and Classification system.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to provide fact witness testimony at administrative and judicial hearings.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft based tools, Excel, web applications, and content management systems.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
Professional insurance designation for Associate in Premium Audit (APA), WCP, or CPCU.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Work for the leader in workers compensation information providing data, insights, and tools for almost 1,000 insurance companies. We’re celebrating our 100 year anniversary!
- A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
- A positive work environment and culture, which celebrates success and honor’s each other’s contributions to the team
- A fantastic benefits package that’s hard to find
WHO TO CONTACT:
Marie Granning – Talent Acquisition Director
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
We require a drug screen and background check. EEO/Smoke Free environment
At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation