Sr Data AnalystApply Now
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
Performs independent analytical research to identify and resolve complex data issues, and support systems impacting NCCI’s data providers and NCCI products and services.Participates in the development and implementation of solutions to data quality problems.Position requires Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for specific system and/or data type support, and provides system support as needed for baseline, discretionary, and investment projects for the Data Resources division and in support of other division projects.
Leads resolution of complex data issues often impacting multiple data providers, systems, and processes.
Provides SME support to investment projects or systems changes – includes writing business requirements; creating test plans, test scripts and test data; and performing testing and post-production monitoring.
Oversees team processes (i.e., escalations, target carrier initiatives, training) and procedures manuals ensuring all are kept current.
Coordinates work processes, implementing process improvements and process changes across teams as needed.Maintain business partnerships with project leads in other divisions and develop process improvement joint strategies.
Provides quality control by reviewing the quality of work performed by team in resolving more complex issues. Provide support to assist Data Analysts with approach to their work.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
• Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in a service-oriented, financial and/or insurance related enterprise performing data analysis and a business operations or data management environment where primary work performed involves web-based or other business systems. (In lieu of a degree, 7 years’ relevant work experience as indicated above is required.)
• 1-year experience organizing, compiling and analyzing information using Microsoft Excel
• Experience using data standards, data layouts, databases, data viewing tools, and data reports to identify root cause of and resolve data issues
• Experience analyzing data issues impacting multiple data sources or databases to independently draw conclusions
• Experience developing systems flows, processes and procedures; delivering team training
• Experience creating test plans, test scripts, and test data; and executing test scripts
• Experience writing requirements for small systems changes
• Understands the use of metrics, trends and work monitoring to ensure completion of timely/quality work
• Experience leading team/business partner meetings
• Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation and team manuals
• Experience reviewing and providing feedback on the content of customer communications and manuals
• Experience leading efforts to improve team processes / providing input or suggestions on tactical issues
• Experience leading customer teleconferences to resolve issues – including agenda preparation /minutes
• Can effectively interface with higher–level staff / management on the customer side effectively
• Experienced preparing reports on systems / customer issues to be shared with a broad internal audience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
• Knowledge of insurance, claims, or financial data
• Experience testing and writing requirements for web-based data viewing tools
• Experienced using data extract and/or systems testing tools
• Experienced developing reports to be used in data analysis processes
• Insurance Data Management Association (IDMA) certifications
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
·A phenomenal work environment with perks which includes on-site fitness center, day care, restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, and sports leagues
·A wonderful team of fun, caring and friendly people to work with
·A fantastic benefits package that’s hard to find in south Florida
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO/Smoke Free environment
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation