Senior Systems AdministratorApply Now
Senior Systems Administrator - Platform Services
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
Counsels all business and IT partners in the determination and resolution of technical software problems relating to operating systems, subsystems, and third-party software products.
Provides programming support for automation tasks associated with infrastructure deployments, daily system administration tasks, operational and disaster recovery efforts and system hardening initiatives.
Designs and implements the installation, maintenance, testing, and configuration of Linux operating systems, subsystems, and third-party software products in a virtualized environment running on top of a VMware Hyperconverged platform.
Automates infrastructure deployments using vRA, IaC using Terraform and Ansible, VMware Site Recovery Manager using Power Shell and system administration tasks using a variety of scripting languages.
Proposes the establishment of best practice guidelines, procedures, and standards to ease the operation and maintenance of operating systems, subsystems, and third-party products to provide a secure and controlled environment.
Reviews, evaluates, and proposes solutions that allow NCCI to maintain a stable and productive environment while allowing the company a flexible base for future growth.
Provides technical and/or problem-solving expertise to Developers, DBA's, Security team and Operations staff on operating system and third-party software related issues.
Participates in Disaster recovery testing.
Monitors and troubleshoots Linux operating systems, subsystems, and third-party software products' performance to ensure maximum on-line system response time.
Supports NCCI’s DevOps initiatives to provide guidance and support for creation of CI/CD pipelines
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
A Bachelor’s degree in computer information or related field and a minimum of 8 years Systems Administration experience, in a medium to large system environment. Including 5 years’ experience with Linux operating systems e.g. Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS and 3 years’ experience in problem determination and resolution in a software environment, and 3 years’ experience in container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes. In lieu of degree, additional work experience and/or trade school or applicable certifications are required.
Ability to work in a 24x7 Server Support environment as required.
Expert knowledge in:
- RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOs installation, administration and debugging
- Designing and developing infrastructure blueprints for vRealize Automation and Infrastructure as Code modules using Terraform and Ansible
- DevOps and Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab and Kafka
- Backup technologies including Veeam
Strong Knowledge in:
- Assessing workloads and technology landscape for Cloud Suitability, and developing cloud adoption roadmap
- Security requirements for Linux Operating systems
- Systems documentation preparation and communication.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and arrive at viable solutions
- Ability to consistently identify process and methodology improvements.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
·RedHat Certified Systems Administrator
·Cloud and DevOps certifications
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- A phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
- A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
- A fantastic benefits package that is hard to find in South Florida
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We are motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation