Manager - Filings and Research (Remote)Location Boca Raton, Florida; Remote Req ID #460
At NCCI, we’re looking for a Manager – Filings & Research to lead and oversee staff to maintain and improve the workers’ compensation infrastructure for item filings and research to create operational efficiency across the organization. In this role, you’ll mentor staff by developing technical knowledge throughout the department and lead core functions, such as item filings and research.
While our headquarters is located in sunny Boca Raton, FL, this position has the potential to work remotely within the United States.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Lead and direct assigned staff:
- Including – hiring and staffing, position design, organization structure, performance assessment, coaching, pay and corrective action, and separations
- Develop, review, and/or approve: work schedules, work assignments, work processes, PTO and other time-off requests, and development through relevant training programs for staff
Develop business plans and participate in long-term strategic planning and goal setting:
- Identify issues or trends in the workers’ compensation infrastructure and recommend solutions
- Monitor, measure, and report to assure quality performance of services provided by internal staff for compliance with internal and external standards
Serve as the primary contact for services provided by assigned staff:
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures required to ensure the overall integrity of the NCCI workers’ compensation infrastructure
- Coordinate and collaborate with other leaders to ensure the interpretation of all content is consistent across the nation
Lead change efforts and encourage innovative thinking and information sharing through open communication with internal and external customers:
- Hold regular meetings with employees to ensure ongoing communication and feedback across the organization
- Participate in meetings with affiliate companies, regulators, bureaus, agents, and other customers as appropriate
- Prepare and present information on technical subject matters, as requested
- Lead, facilitate, or participate in projects to support business unit, division, and corporate objectives
WHAT IT TAKES:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years experience in workers’ compensation insurance (Underwriting or Premium Audit) with at least 5 years of management or supervisorial experience in the industry.
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years experience in workers’ compensation insurance (Underwriting or Premium Audit) and 7+ years of management or supervisorial experience in the industry required.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of workers’ compensation infrastructure content.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage all audiences.
- Ability to draft effective professional documents/reports and conduct presentations.
- Ability to act professionally, decisively, and quickly, especially in unforeseen and demanding situations.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and delegate effectively to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with computer-based tools and a strong understanding of project and process management.
- Specialized knowledge of workers’ compensation underwriting rules and manuals, and quality auditing for performance and quality assurance, pertinent state laws, and regulations.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Professional insurance designation, such as: Associate in Underwriting (AU), Associates in Premium Audit (APA), Workers Compensation Professional (WCP), or CPCU
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE:
- Competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- Wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring, and friendly
- Fantastic benefits package
- Phenomenal work environment with many perks and employee activities
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other, and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment guide our success.
We require a drug screen and background check. Smoke Free environment.
WHO TO CONTACT:
Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NCCI Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities to our employees (for example, in hiring, promotions, training) and to all job applicants, and to maintain a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital and veteran status, gender, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants for employment.
- Manager - Filings and Research (Remote) Boca Raton, Florida, Remote
- Actuarial Analyst , Remote
- Sr Project Mgr-Program Management Office, local candidates Boca Raton, Florida
- Actuarial Consultant , Remote
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation