Litigation ParalegalApply Now
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
Under the direction and supervision of attorneys, provide support to the Legal Division in areas of litigation, record and file management and review, research and analysis, contracts, legislation tracking, corporate law matters, employment law matters, and the performance of administrative duties such as scheduling and filing, as necessary.
Provide litigation support such as maintenance and management of litigation and administrative appeals files (creating files, entering information into databases, photocopying, scanning documents, gathering and preparing documents for filing, reviewing and preparing material for retention or disposal), reviewing pleadings, analysis of records, preparing periodic reports or charts, scheduling hearings or conferences, preparing and responding to discovery and certification requests and document production, and other litigation support as assigned by attorneys. May also communicate with outside counsel on matters and assist with legal billing.
Track proposed and enacted legislation at the federal and state level in 50 plus jurisdictions related to the company’s operations and the workers compensation insurance industry. Review legislation summary reports, presentations, industry developments, and update company attorneys.
Conduct legal research, analysis and/or preparation of formal memorandums or other correspondence.
Draft and maintain standard form contracts and certain routine litigation filings such as answers to garnishments.May also communicate with outside attorneys in garnishment matters.
Manage the corporate and legal record retention program.
Prepare and review of corporate business and operating license filings in all states.
Assist with litigation hold process management.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE POSITION:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an ABA-approved paralegal, legal studies, or legal assistant program and a minimum of three (3) years of paralegal or legal assistant experience in a law office or corporate legal department
- In lieu of the above, a combination of additional experience, degree and/or ABA-approved paralegal or legal assistant certification or designation would be considered
- Ability to perform legal research, analysis and write in a clear and concise manner
- Must know internet research/court filings’ databases (Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, PACER)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate clearly with internal and external contacts, and to present to groups
- Ability to multitask, meet time-sensitive deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Excellent document handling and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Must bean independent, critical thinker oriented toward a team/collaborative environment
- Must have discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary plus an annual performance bonus
- A phenomenal work environment with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
- A wonderful team of fun, caring and friendly people to work with
- A fantastic benefits package that is hard to find in south Florida
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We are motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment,
guide our success.
EOE/Drug free Workplace
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation