Facilities Technician- Building ServicesApply Now
ABOUT THE JOB:
NCCI is looking for a Facilities Technician to join our Building Services team. This role is responsible for hands-on repairs of our beautiful Toby Award winning 300,000 square foot facility and maintenance of 18 acres of manicured grounds, and assist in overseeing and coordinating outside vendor’s activities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
Performs building and grounds repairs and maintenance tasks. (Examples: minor drywall repairs and painting, doors hardware replacement, roof maintenance, office furniture reconfiguration, plumbing fixtures repairs, sprinkler heads replacement and adjustments, Data Center maintenance, monitoring, installation and relocation of racks, etc.)
- Assists in overseeing and coordinating outside vendor’s activities
- Responds to ongoing work and even support requests
- Performs physical staff moves as directed by management
- Performs routine building inspections and complete check lists
- Operates Building Automation and Facilities Management Systems
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctioning utilizing testing tools. Example: Test and balance airflow with air hood and diagnostic tools)
- Shares emergency on-call rotation duties with other maintenance staff
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years of commercial facility maintenance or related skilled building trade experience or certified educational trade program.
- 24 hr. on-call rotation required (1 week, approx. every 6 weeks)
- Experience with disaster recovery
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Intermediate computer skills to learn and work with the building automationsystems
- Strong verbal communications skill and work ethic
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Maintains safe work practices/environment
- Ability to read building blue prints and specifications
- Must have knowledge of commercial building operating systems
- Skills in plumbing, electrical, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), energy management, life safety, general repairs and carpentry, painting, finishes and light construction practices.
- This position requires operating a company vehicle. The candidate will subject to a review of his/hermotor vehicle driving history
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
Building Owners Management Association (BOMA) System Maintenance Administrator (SMA) designation
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation