Desktop TechnicianApply Now
ABOUT THE JOB:
This role is responsible for supporting all aspects of the end-user desktop environment. Implements, documents, and monitors desktop solutions to improve the overall user experience. This person performs independent research and logical analysis with regard to desktop hardware/software and how the desktop environment is impacted and provides technical support to the Help Desk, customers, end-users and/or management.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THE ROLE:
- Responds to problem ticketsystem requests and resolves end-user computing system issues.
- Participates and may lead projects as assigned, which also includes system infrastructure testing and updating work instructions and procedures, as needed.
- Installs and configures desktop computers, laptops, printers, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Acts as a department resource for projects and tasks as assigned, both internal to the team and external.
- Maintains software installation packaging responsibilities.Provides installation packages, manual install instructions, and the decommissioning process for all automated software installation processes.
- Provides and supports a software product to automate the installation of software for desktop support groups.
- Researches and documents the various complex and high priority issues affecting the desktop environment such as new virus threats, spyware, and security concerns for delivery to management and the end user community
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
- High School Diploma/GED and three years computer and endpoint support experience in a corporate environment.
- Strong knowledge of a problem ticketing system and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer hardware, software, printers and peripherals including diagnostic methods, techniques, procedures and resolving hardware, software issues.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
Bachelor’s degree or technical trade school.
In-depth working knowledge or supporting technologies including Intel Server technology, Desktop Hardware, Printers, Windows & Apple Operating Systems, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, MECM, and LAN/WAN technologies.
A+ Certification, Network + Certification or Microsoft Certified Professional certification such as Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- A phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
- A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
- A fantastic benefits package that’s hard to find in South Florida
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO/Smoke Free environment
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation