Actuarial AnalystApply Now
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
§Produce standard actuarial analyses for NCCI’s actuarial products and services, such as rate filings, legislative cost analyses, reserving, and research.
§Complete assigned standard actuarial analysis tasks for rate filings, legislative cost analyses, reserving, data validation, products, and/or research. This includes utilizing actuarial systems and programming skills to access and organize the data, performing the applicable actuarial calculations, analyzing moderate to complex information, assessing the reasonability of results and drawing conclusions, updating exhibits and slides, and completing documentation.
§Develop a deeper understanding of the technical, actuarial, insurance, economic, and statistical concepts behind the task performed. Develop increased proficiency in using actuarial systems and NCCI databases.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years actuarial experience
- Three CAS-accredited actuarial exams
- Working knowledge of basic insurance, actuarial, and statistical concepts
- Competency in one actuarial area
- Demonstration of exam progress
- Good data analysis skills
- Ability to utilize computer tools and systems for actuarial data analyses
- Independent, critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high volume, high quality work
- Good teaming and collaboration skills
- General knowledge of NCCI products and services
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
§Mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics with a mathematical or statistical background, or equivalent degree demonstrating skills needed to pass actuarial exams
§Statistical modeling experience; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; programming expertise (such as SQL, SAS, VBA, and R); familiarity with NCCI data and NCCI systems preferred
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
·A comprehensive, first-rate total rewards and benefits package that is hard to find in South Florida
·Corporate amenities such as on-site fitness center, day care, cafeteria, and Starbuck’s©
·Participation in charitable & community activities, employee activities, and sport leagues, if you choose
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader.
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO / Smoke free environment
- Customer Operations
- Information Technology
- Data Resources
- Regulatory Services
- Human Resources
- Workers Compensation